Super Visa Medical Insurance
The New Super Visa was introduced on December 2011. Super Visa enables Parents and Grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents, to visit and stay in Canada for up to 24 month, with no need to renew your status/visa. This Super Visa is issued for up to 10 years and it is a multiple entry visa.
Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister announced in July, 2013 that more than 20,000 Parent and Grandparent Super Visas had been issued since the program’s launch in December 2011. More than 1,000 Super Visas are issued every month. Super Visa applications had been approved with an overall approval rate of as high as 85 percent.
To be eligible for the Super Visa, the applicant must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- be found admissible to Canada; and
- meet certain other conditions.
- provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold.
To apply for Parent and Grandparent Super Visa you will need to purchase Canadian Medical Insurance Coverage.
Main Requirements for Super Visa Insurance are:
- Medical Insurance has to be provided by Canadian Insurance Company
- Medical Insurance has to be valid for a minimum of one year, and be valid for multiple entries
- Medical Insurance has to have a coverage of $100,000 or more
- Medical Insurance has to cover health care, hospitalization and repatriation